Discover some of the most remote rivers of New Zealand’s South Island and experience some of the world’s best fly-fishing within 15 minutes of the Lodge by helicopter.
There are many miles of wilderness rivers and streams, inaccessible to vehicles, and only accessed by foot with great difficulty. Helicopter access makes the most of these virtually untouched waters.
We will recommend a great fishing plan, arranging helicopter as well as all gear and tackle if required. Our guides can take you to stretches of water possibly not fished this season by any other angler, where you can stalk wild Rainbow and Brown trout.
- A two night stay in a Lodge Suite or Chalet Suite
- Bottle of sparkling wine and fresh flowers in your Suite upon arrival
- Daily breakfast, pre-dinner drinks and dinner for two people
- Fishing Guide on one day for two people, including packed lunch and daily licenses
- Heli Fishing arranged on request at an additional charge
- The season for fly fishing is from October to May
- As you will be sight fishing, it is often necessary to walk long distances over varying terrain. A reasonable standard of fitness is required. To further enhance your experience, you should be able to cast at least 30ft accurately and into a moderate wind.
Our concierge team are here to help with selecting your activities and organising your itinerary. If you are interested in finding out more about a package before your stay at Blanket Bay please contact us today.