At Blanket Bay you have the rare opportunity to combine sheer comfort with the vast array of activities in this Adventure Capital of the World.
Here are some suggestions to help you plan your stay at the Lodge.
- Check in – We encourage you to arrive before five o'clock in the afternoon. This allows you to settle into your room and enjoy some of the facilities before pre dinner cocktails.
- Activities – We suggest you do not pre book activities as weather is often a factor. On arrival we offer you many different options and tailor these to suit your stay. The exception is with fishing guides, who should be reserved in advance.
- Milford Sound – We recommend you take the scenic helicopter flight or fly in a light aircraft with Glenorchy Air.
- Scenic Helicopter Flights – In association with Heliworks, we offer you the chance to experience a birds-eye view of this breathtaking alpine landscape.
- Hiking – Walk the nearby renowned Routeburn and Greenstone Tracks. Alternatively, having hiked The Milford Track, often described as "the finest walk in the world", Blanket Bay is the ideal 'recovery' option.
- Horse riding and mountain biking are easily arranged by the Front Office team at the Lodge.